Monday, August 12, 2013

Someone who should have thought a little more

About his getaway, that is.

[Bexar County s]pokesman Paul Berry said both [Charles] Adamson and the victim had been waiting at the same bus stop, on Loop 107 near Billy Sames Drive just prior to the shooting.

“After they boarded the bus, the suspect and the victim got into an argument with the suspect shooting the victim once in the face,” Berry said.

The victim was flown to San Antonio Military Medical Center by helicopter.

The suspect -- Adamson -- then removed his bicycle from the front of the bus and attempted to get back on it with the bicycle, Berry said.

"After the driver refused to allow him on, Adamson then pedaled away,” he said.
(from KSAT-12)

They caught the suspect later, and, last I heard, the victim is probably going to be OK. But if it were me (not saying I'd be shooting anybody on the bus in the first place, to be sure), I think I might choose the bike as my primary means of escape, not the bus. Public transit can be good for a commute or two, but it's not very handy for completing criminal acts.

No comments: